The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly
Resumes are the most basic part of applying for a job. They should, in short, show the hiring manager that you are the perfect fit for a job. Here are the major pointers to remember when writing your resume:
- Don’t forget your contact information! Name, Phone number, Email Address, LinkedIn Profile link (you can customize this on LinkedIn!), etc.
- Make it specific for each job you apply to
Use key words found in the job description
- Highlight your relevant skills in a Skills section. Utilizing a skills section can keep the Experience section to the main tasks and projects completed during an experience.
- Feel free to make it creative, but readable AND scannable for the companies that use HR softwares. (AKA use MS Word-basic fonts)
- Spell-check and re-check! There is nothing more embarrassing or mood-killing than a simple spelling or grammar error. And trust me, anyone can make them!
Keep Moving Fourward,